The purpose of this is assignment is for students to review the basic principles of economics and the concepts of the circular flow model, showing the connectivity of society’s economic players and the flow of goods and money within an economy. Students will learn how society allocates its scarce resources and how economists are both scientists and policymakers. Students will define GDP and CPI and how they are calculated.
Resources: National Bureau of Economic Research; Principles of Macroeconomics: Ch. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7
Scenario: Your organization’s CEO is concerned that members of the strategic planning committee are not familiar with current economic thought and principles.
Prepare a 1,000-word worksheet (worksheet is attached) for the members of the strategic planning committee explaining the following information:
- How economists are both scientists and policymakers and what principles society uses to allocate its scarce resources.
- Using the circular flow model, explain the flow of money and goods in an economy.
- How the economy coordinates society’s independent economic actors.
- A country’s gross domestic product (GDP) and how it is defined and calculated.
- How the consumer price index (CPI) is constructed and why it is an imperfect measurement of the cost of living.
Fill-in the attached worksheet. Make sure your final submission is formatted according to APA guidelines with an APA title page, APA citations within the text and a final page with APA formatted references.