The Data Exercise must be posted to the LEO Student Assignments as a Attachments are limited to a maximum two files in doc, docx., xls. xlsx., or rtf formats. OTHER FORMATS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE, and will not be reviewed or graded.
Please note that hand-written and scanned works, pdf files, jpg files, as well as files posted in google drive, will not be accepted or graded.
The paper should be written in APA style Research Paper format.
Please note that Use of APA Citation Methodology is required for all parts of the assignment
Written projects must be:
1. typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or Arial font, with margins no wider than one inch
2. for each part have footnotes or endnotes, with correct citations
3. have a bibliography of sources used
4. include, for each entry, the author, title, city and state of publisher, publisher’s name, year, and page numbers
5. prepared using word processing software (Microsoft Word preferred. Do not use Pages), in a manner similar to the preparation of a written assignment for classroom submission
DATA EXERCISE #2
Consists of three parts
Part 1: The Unemployment Rate (weight 30% of the assignment grade)
Complete the following exercise
Visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics Web Site, www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.toc.htm
Select > Employment Situation Summary.
Write a report (1 – 2 pages double spaced) to answer the questions:
1. What month (and year) is summarized? What was the unemployment rate for that month? How does that rate compare with the rate in the previous month?