Course: AVSC 3200 – FLIGHT PHYSIOLOGY
Turnitin: Human Factors and Mishaps – TURNITIN plagiarism checker will be used!
We’ve discussed in detail how important human factors are in safe flight. Now we’ll look at a specific example of how further human factors considerations can help mitigate identified hazards.
Choose a human factor or physiological principle that interests you which can negatively impact safety of flight; compose a 1,500 word research paper that:
1. Defines that factor/principle;
1. Describes how the factor/principle can affect safety of flight;
1. Uses a mishap listed in one of the major mishap investigation databases (NTSB, AOPA, DoD, ICAO, or other nationally-recognized database) to illustrate the hazard;
1. Proposes a countermeasure- either procedural, regulatory, training change, etc- that mitigates the hazard.
This paper will use five cited resources and will be composed/formatted using APA style.
Your paper will be graded according to the following rubric:
1. 80 Points – Explanation/description of the Human Factor or other issue and its affect on safety
1. 40 Points – Illustration of mishap and mitigation
1. 40 Points – Writing mechanics
1. 40 Points – Readability